Friday, February 26, 2010

Hosting a Perfect Brunch!

My family has been pressuring me to host brunch for the ladies and I finally gave in!  Last time I hosted brunch, it was at my first apartment that I bought on my own.  Now, it's the first time that they are going to see my new downtown condo that I bought with my boyfriend.  I'm usually not very good at hosting these types of things, but I am determined to become a master!  Here are some tips that I found on how to host the most perfect brunch!

- Plan the food menu- it's not unacceptable to have your guests bring a dish so allocate a simple item for each guest to bring with them. 
- The most classic choice is to have eggs included in the main dish.
- Other menu ideas can include pastries, muffins, a fruit platter, french toast, poached egg on toast, a fruit yogurt and granola parfait, eggs benedict, hashbrowns, pancakes, quiche, omelettes, scones, crepes, desserts or cookies for afterwards.
 - Plan your drink menu- Coffee? Absolutely. Mimosas? Even better. Be sure to have a little sugar and milk or cream available for the coffee drinkers.
- Choose a stanard and easy menu if you have lots of guests.
- Send out your invitation. A breakfast-themed brunch is best served around 10am.
- If anything can be made ahead of time- make it ahead of time!
- Brunch is best served (and most easily served) buffet-style.
- Make utensil-friendly food and supply spoons where the coffee service is.
- Be sure to provide salt, pepper, hot sauce and softened butter for those who like to add a little something to their food.  Salsa is another item that will spice up hashbrowns or egg dishes.
- Enjoy!  Here are some yummy photos to get you inspired!







images via arimou0, BlackwoodBob, evilmidori, jennaaaye, vrot01

No comments: